Pages

Tuesday 26 November 2013

The Room At The End Of The Hall



the room at the end of the hall


The first day Lucy moved in she knew something wasn’t right.


“ Mum can you please help me unpack my clothes?” asked Lucy.
“Sure honey, right after I unpack the food in the kitchen,” answered Angela, her mum.
“Well, can you please hurry there is a lot to do here,” yelled Lucy
Lucy liked to read books, any book she finds she reads and nothing can stop her from reading it. Lucy liked to have big rooms to put bookshelves and clothes in. So she looked through the rooms and found the biggest room that she had ever seen, the room at the end of the hall. Lucy’s parents, Angela and Robert, never really looked into the history of this house, so Lucy really didn’t know what had happened in her room before they moved in.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Lucy has a dog named Molly. The first day they moved in Molly didn’t want to enter her room. Molly had a tingly feeling shivering up and down her spine, telling her that it wasn’t safe. “OH MY GOSH MOLLY JUST COME IN!” Screamed Lucy, but Molly still didn’t want to come in. “Fine Molly, you can sleep in the living room or something”, said Lucy, then she shut the door. She started to search her room for interesting things, then she came across a diary covered in dust.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


She blew the dust off the cover and opened to read the first page. “ February 28th 1783” Lucy reads, “ My name is Amber and I’m 13, my mum just passed away and strange things have been happening in my room, not the house, my room.” Lucy was a bit scared when she realised they had the same name. In the corner of Lucy’s eye she saw a quick moving misty shadow zoom past her. Suddenly the door swung open and in came Angela, “ Are you okay? You look like you have just seen a ghost!” Angela laughed and said “ It’s nearly dinner time so get ready”. She closed the book and threw it onto her bed.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


“Mum this dinner is beautiful!” said  Lucy.
“Thanks sweety!” answered Angela.
Just then Lucy looked at her plate of food and she saw her plate covered in blood. “AAAAHHHHH!” Lucy screamed.
“What is it?” asked Angela. Lucy pointed at her plate. “There’s nothing there,” said Angela.
“It's getting late and I think you’re imagining things. Goodnight honey.” Lucy walked back to her room. “It was blood I know what I saw,” she whispered to herself. She jumped on her bed and  realised that her diary was gone. “Huh?” Lucy asked herself and she looked around.After searching for a little while she  found the book back on her bed. “What’s going on? Stop it Molly, Leave my things alone!” Suddenly the door swung closed and locked itself.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


“What’s happening?” Yelled Lucy.
“I ..... I ...... wwwaaaaannnnntttt yyyoooouuuuu bbbbaaaacccckkkkk....... ccooommeeee baaaccckkkk tttooooo mmmmmeeeee hhhooonnneeeeeyyyy......” said a mysterious voice. “WHAT??!!” Screamed Lucy. Then the lights turned off and it was pitch black. “Turn the lights back on!” whispered Lucy. As soon as she said it the light turned back on. Lucy ran to her mum's room and started to cry on her lap. She looked up to her mum and saw an old lady that looked very different. She screamed and suddenly she heard the words “Wake up!”


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A week had past and Lucy has been acting a bit crazy. “Mum there is a lady in my room, she is trying to take me!” Yelled Lucy.
“No there isn’t you just dreaming,” Said Angela. Angela was beginning to get scared about Lucy’s behaviour so she took her to see a psychiatrist. “What have you been seeing these past few weeks Lucy?”
“There was a lady in my room and she was trying to take me away from my mum and...... and she said that she was going to hurt my mum then me,” said Lucy. The doctor whispered to Angela. Angela started to cry and said “If it’s for the best.” The doctor took Lucy into a Mental Room and said “You will be staying here for a couple of weeks, so we can keep you safe for a while,” Lucy knew it was a lie.
“Mum be careful, she’s real!” Lucy screamed as her mum walked down the hallway.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Angela got home and sat on the couch crying. “Come here Molly, come girl!” There was no answer. “Molly?” Angela went upstairs and saw Molly lying on the floor with a note on her body saying, “You should have listened to your daughter”, the door shut and the lights flicked off. “Please leave us alone! Tell me what’s wrong? I can help you!” said Angela. “They took her from me! Why did they take her from me?!” said the voice.
“Who? Who did they take?” Angela ran to the room to look for a clue. She found the diary. “April 21st 1783, I have been adopted by many ladies. I overheard them saying that they don’t want me because they have been haunted by a lady, my mum. I’m scared that I’m going to have no life with no one to care for me.” Angela turned around just to be stabbed in the neck by a knife. “Lucy is my daughter now, not yours.” Said the mysterious voice.






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Darrelle! It is a scary narrative that you have written. I really like the bit when Angela turned around just to be stabbed with a knife. Really scary. :0 Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Hi Darrelle,
What an awesome narrative you have written. It is pretty scary and it is really interesting too.:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Darrelle,

What an amazing story you have. I have to be honest but I was 100% scared, it felt like it was a true story. Keep up the spooky! Stories.

Anonymous said...

Hi Darrelle,
I am really impressed how you've used your imagination to make this very scary narrative.I have goosebumps everywhere!
Hope to see more of your stories :D :D :D :D

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.